Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weekly Highlights

Just some updates of my ongoings so in the past week or so...

The rep from Arena came into the store to show the boss the new product.  He wanted to see how to fit it and how the material was different and how to fit people into it properly, so I got to be the try-on girl.  I got (literally) put into a pair of acid green Arena Carbon-Pro Powerskins (just like many of the olympians are wearing).  In NZ, this suit will retail at over $700!  I felt like I could be pretty speedy just from the suit!

Two weekends ago, we had planned on going to the New Zealand Fitness expo to support a couple of the members of CrossFit Auckland who were competing in the CrossFit demonstration at the expo. They had collected a bunch of the top CrossFit athletes from around the country to participate.  At about 7:45am, Jacques got a call from his coach asking if he also wanted to compete to fill a space that had opened up last minute.  He jumped at the opportunity and did really well given the last minute circumstances and high calibre of all the athletic performances.  Not to mention the pressure of performing in front of a huge audience.  It was pretty awesome day watching the 3 intense WODs they had to complete.  And the other 2 CrossFit Auckland athletes came 1st and 2nd (guys and girls respectively).  

We called our car Sumi after all.  She spoke to us in Japanese (the toll system thingy in Japan) but we actually had her voice disabled when we had a radio band expander put in this weekend.  Now we get lots more radio stations :)  She is super nice to cruise around in and will save us LOTS of money on gas!

My kale is still alive and flourishing, getting closer to being able to become dinner!  Hopefully it continues to survive so well.  

Tonight, my boss is taking Jacques and I out to dinner because one Saturday when I was alone in the store (on an insanely busy day) I had very high sales for the winter season and he was impressed I managed all by myself.  Looking forward to a nice Indian meal tonight :)

Arena Carbon-Pro...what the Olympians are wearing!

Jacques competing at the New Zealand fitness expo

Sumi, our Suzuki :)

My kale getting closer to being ready to eat!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it possible that even a 'flea' could fit into that suit with you.
    LOVE, papi

    ReplyDelete